The Master will be here before you know it and when we think about the
Here are some Golf terms that you may have heard, but truly have no idea what it means.
- Golf tee- the tee is a little wooden peg that the golf ball rests on when you start to shoot the ball.
- Fairway- the part of the golf course that leads to the green.
- The green- soft, plush ground that surrounds the hole.
- The rough- wild area that is on either side of the fairway, there are a lot of trees and high grass here.
- Bunker- the sand filled area, usually a ditch that surrounds the green.
- Hazard- streams, ponds, bunkers, trees, or anything may be in the way of you and getting the ball in the hole.
- Stroke- this is the swing that is made to hit the ball. A miss can still count as a stroke.
- Scoring in Golf: ACE: a hole in one
- EAGLE: 2 Strokes under Par
- BIRDIE: 1 stroke under par
- PAR: standard # of strokes it should take to get the golf ball from the tee to the hole
- BOGEY: 1 Stroke above par
- DOUBLE BOGEY: 2 strokes above par
- TRIPLE BOGEY: 3 strokes above par
Which Golf clubs do you use?
Let’s look and see what kind of golf clubs to use.
- DRIVER: is used for teeing off
- HYBRID CLUB: getting shots of 150 plus yards to shoot up high in the sky
- 2-To-9-IRON: hitting toward the green, from about 120-190yards away,
- Wedges: hitting short, high shots from near the green of from sand bunkers
- PUTTER: rolling the ball into the hole after on the green
- Note: Always have at least Six balls with you
- Wooden tees
- Couple pairs of gloves
- Rain Suit
- Pitch-mark repair tool
- A few small coins to mark where your ball is
- Two pencils
- Spare towel
- Small pouch
These are some help to assist you in getting to know the right people for whatever skills that they are trying to do.